In light of recent events in Japan and the resulting wave of radiation fear that gripped the American west coast, I’ve been asked to weigh in on the issue to tell people what I believe based on my own research and to try and respond to the question we’ve been hearing constantly since the panic began. What is Radiation poisoning? Am I in danger? If so, what can I do about it?
Officially the answer of whether or not you’re in danger is a simple one. NO. You are not. That’s what they’re saying. If you’re comfortable with that answer then you can stop reading right now. The authorities claim that, “The situation is under control, there’s no need to panic; no need to leave Japan!” They also say that radiation levels on the American west coast are at worst “about what you’d receive from an X-Ray” Again, if you’re comfortable with that answer. Than there is no need to read on any further.
However, most of the people asking me about radiation fall into a different camp. These are people who are suspicious of official sources and always want to get at what they see as “the real story” They’re leery of the official statements and are hoping that I will tell them something more than what they hear on television. Therefore, with some trepidation I will share with those people some of what I have learned through my own research and through my correspondence with experts around the world. OK here goes…
The first thing I notice that seems largely missing in news media is the risk associated with long term low dose radiation exposure of cancers (caused by even trace amounts of radiation). This kind of exposure often triggers deadly cancer that develops after 5 to 10 years. One reason people observing events in Japan believe that the radiation will disperse before it results in exposure. Others think where radiation has been detected the levels resulting from the uranium particles are too low doses to cause any related health issues.
But there is another factor. Radiation emanating from plutonium rather than uranium changes things for the worse. “Plutonium” is reported to be far more toxic than the uranium that escaped from the Chernobyl plant in Ukraine. The tiny radioactive dust particles last years in the soil and water and birth defects in children as well as cancer rates may reach an all time high. If the radiation that has now reached the west coast via the jet stream from Japan (detected in Sacramento) is from plutonium that complicates things. In either case, low doses like these won’t take their toll until 10 years from now. I should reassert here that no official has confirmed the presence of Plutonium in California. (Based on what I’ve been told it may be difficult for them to tell the difference anyway… and that’s the worst case scenario as I now see it.)
Moving right along:
“What do I do about radiation exposure?” That’s the question. Whether you have reason to believe you’ve been exposed due to a Geiger counter reading or local report or even if you just want to be “safe rather than sorry” There are some established ways to mitigate the risks of low dose exposure to radiation.
CONSTANT LOW DOSE VS QUICK HIGH DOSE
The low amounts of radiation currently reported to be reaching the California coast are not likely to cause radiation poisoning symptoms associated with short exposure to very high doses such as those that may be experienced by Japanese working near the actual reactor. Large dose radiation sickness presents an immediate risk such as;
1. Infections due to low white blood cells, bleeding due to low platelets, and anemia due to low red blood cells. A hematologist or a health professional trained to use a microscope looking at blood samples can see the appearance of Leukemia.
2. Gastrointestinal symptoms, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and abdominal pain are usually seen within one to two hours of exposure.
3. Neurological symptoms such as dizziness, headache, or decreased level of consciousness with an absence of vomiting.
FOR LONG TERM LOW DOSE DAMAGE:
The medical literature suggests there are effective intervention methods that can detoxify the body even after exposure according to Current Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 12, Number 23, November 2005.
I present the following as a general guideline to dealing with low dose radiation. I make no claims to their efficacy to cure or treat a disease without your doctor’s advice. That said, here it is.
The following 7 steps below are designed to protect from long term damage associated with radiation exposure (including from cell phones, nuclear reactors or fallout). We trust RAD Defense (aka, Slim-Blend) will also prolong your life expectancy.
1) Potassium Iodine & Iodide should be taken as a daily dose of one 12 mg. tablet of Iodoral (Rad-Iodine)to protect the thyroid gland from thyroid cancer. This amount of Iodine is equal to the same quantities of seaweed commonly consumed by people in Okinawa, one of the longest lived cultures in the world. We have Iodoral (Rad-Iodine) which is very hard to keep in stock since the Japan nuclear disaster. We also have a rich supply of seaweed in Delgado Slim Blend.
2) Melatonin is protective from radiation poisoning resulting from a large “quick kill dose” as opposed to small doses of particles absorbed into the body over time that create cancer.
3) Gluthonine is generally administered via IV; however we have developed a liposomal delivery that actually breaches the blood brain barrier for anti oxidant protection.
4) Green sprouts rich in chlorophyll help protect our DNA from radiation poisoning. Consumed in salads or added to a blended drink as found in Delgado Slim Blend will add health benefits for the rest of your life.
5) Beta Glucan like the following; medicinal mushrooms, activated Barley & seaweed.
Slim Blend has seaweed & Activated Barley. Stem Cell Strong has 5 mushrooms – Maitake, Reishi, lion’s mane, Cordceps, Mushrooms. Together the combination of Slim Blend & Stem Cell Strong contains an effective dose of beta glucans. The use of Beta Glucans against radiation has been documented well. Breast Cancer survivors of radiation treatments were given injections of Beta 1, 3 Glucan and healed their radiation sores. In 1985 the US Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute experimented and gave mice lethal doses of radiation. They then consumed oral dose Beta 1, 3 Glucan.70% of the mice were completely protected from damage.
6) Consume 40 to 60 oz of Blended Drink with other detoxifiers added in the blend such as cilantro herb, Holy Basil, Kale, Napa cabbage. Eat salads with raw broccoli all of which serve as effective whole food anti-oxidants, rich in Vitamins A E, B vitamins.
To protect the skin from immediate high exposure of radiation:
7)Bath for 20 minutes in chlorine free water with 1 pound of sea salt and one pound of baking soda. Also use the infra red spa 2 times a week and exercise on vibration plates or trampolines to stimulate the lymphatics at least three times a week. We have these Delgado Protocol approved devices to demonstrate at our Costa Mesa office and equipment for sale to assist your health endeavors.